The FeedBak podcast returns with a live broadcast from Native Hostel. Catch up on what Bak, Micco, Byron, and Lane have been up to since the last show. The crew also shares their thoughts on sexual harassment and the national conversation being had on the topic. Audience members weigh in on the conversion as well, which includes:
- The current string of sexual harassment/assault allegations in the wake behind Harvey Weinstein
- Current statistics on sexual assault in the U.S.
- What is consent? And where’s the line?
- The sexual repression in this country and how it manifests itself in society
- The importance of men speaking up when they are in the presence of misogynistic behavior
- Startups and programs designed to assist women avoid/get out of dangerous situation
Hollaback! is a global, people-powered movement to end harassment. We work together to understand the problem, ignite public conversations, and develop innovative strategies that ensure equal access to public spaces. We leverage the very spaces where harassment happens – from online to the streets – to have each other’s backs, create communities of resistance, and build a world where we can all be who we are, wherever we are.
Safe Bars uses innovative bystander education strategies to empower D.C.-area bar staff to stand up against sexual harassment and assault. We also train people all over the country to start Safe Bars programs where they live.