The main goal of The FeedBak is to bring you a wide range of perspectives on nightlife-related topics. We are always on the lookout for people who are as passionate about their local bar and club scene as we are. Do you ever start a conversation with a friend with the following words: “what had happened was…”? No matter how outrageous or just plain silly your story may be, this is the place for you to share it with the world.
What To Write About?
As long as it is nightlife-related, we welcome wide variety of topics. Here are some suggestions to give you an idea:
- You went out on Girl’s Night Out. What happened?
- What to wear and not to wear.
- As a DJ, how do you react when people request songs?
- Your rant about people acting crazy on the dancefloor.
- You’re an artist and want talk about you get ready for a show.
We believe there is so much to talk about when it comes to nightlife that we cannot run out of topics. Plus your local bar and club scene is probably unique in its own way. Articles do not have to be long. What is important is that you have something to say and to share.
What Is In It For You?
All members are contributors! You may submit your stories through a simple form that will be published by our staff. Just pick the related city, the appropriate category, the type of post and type away. You may enable an option that receive an e-mail notification once your post has been reviewed.
As a member, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- A quick summary, including a biography, links to your own websites/blogs, Facebook, Twitter accounts and more, about you will also be displayed on all of your posts.
- Attach an image to your post.
- Readers may subscribe to your own RSS feed and automatically get your latest entry.
- By posting articles here, you will able to drive more traffic to your own blog/website and have access to a wider audience. Your website may also become part of our permanent list of links to check out.
- You are welcome to promote your stuff within a post but put it in context as part of a story. Don’t make it the entire post!
- Enter various contests to win gifts and prizes.
What Are The Rules?
Here are some basic rules and guidelines:
- You must be a registered member to contribute. As a subscriber, you have the ability to submit stories, which may be published on the site under your name. You may change your display name in your profile if you do not want to use your real name.
- No frequency requirement. Contributors are not tied to a specific submission schedule. You can submit whenever you want but understand that the more you post, the more followers and recognition you get.
- Stay on topic. Keep in mind that there are many aspects to the nightlife. The people. The street vendors. The clubs. The bars. The parking lots/garages. The lounges. The dance floors. And the list goes on but you get the idea. There’s plenty to talk about. You may complement someone else’s article with your story but stay original.
- Keep your posts/comments balanced. You have a right to your opinion but keep it civil. Avoid defamation and accept responsibility for your own words (in other words, don’t say anything you wouldn’t like someone to say about you). Posts that trash a particular bar/club or a specific person will be not be published. If you are to slam a specifc person (i.e. staff member, DJ, etc), try using a fake name. The FeedBak will not be held responsible for your words. A one-sided debate is not necessarily interesting.
- Be mindful of other people’s privacy. When you tell your story, be careful about what you say about other people. Don’t write anything that would get them in trouble.
- Keep it interesting. Read your submission and ask yourself: “If I told this story to a friend, what would he/she say? Would he/she find it boring? Would he/she want to know more?” Readers should be able to relate to your article in order to start a decent conversation.
- Keep it simple. There’s no need to write a novel on here. The simpler the better. The language should preferably be informal.
- Easy with the promo. The FeedBak is not another place for you to plug your events in every single post. Keep your articles interesting and readers will come to you to find out about your events. Sharing a personal story about an event or a topic is a more effective way to promote than giving out flyers. Do not attach a flyer to your post.
- Engage your readers and participate in the discussion. Once your article is published, be sure to respond to comments from your readers. End your posts with an open-ended question, for example. The more interaction you have with your readers, the more recognition you will get.
- Spread the word. Share your posts with your friends via Facebook, Twitter and more.
- No compensation. At this point, The FeedBak does not offer any kind of compensation to its contributors.